- Immediately inform your Loan Officer if there are any changes in your employment, income, or assets.
- Continue living in your current residence.
- Continue making all mortgage or rent payments.
- Continue to make payments and stay current on all existing credit accounts.
- Be prepared with an explanation for any credit “blemishes” and recent credit inquiries.
- Research and select a preferred homeowner’s insurance provider.
- Make any major purchases or home improvements. (ie. auto, boat, appliances, furniture, pool)
- Apply for new credit or loans.
- Pay off any charge-off accounts, collections, loans, credit cards, or consolidate debt.
- Close any credit card accounts, max-out, or over-charge credit accounts.
- Change bank accounts of transfer balances from one account to another.
- Change the source of your “closing funds.”
- Deposit large amounts of cash into your own bank account without proper documentation.